Army Long’s practice focuses on bankruptcy and transactional work for corporate, oil, gas and energy clients in Louisiana and Texas. Army joined the Firm in March 2011, bringing with him knowledge and experience earned over the course of a successful entrepreneurial career involving ownership and management of small companies in the fields of agribusiness, mining, and manufacturing.
Army is a skilled and diplomatic contract negotiator, facilitating the national and international supply of large quantities of goods and dedicated service commitments. His experience includes leading small businesses through corporate mergers, acquisitions and sales. Army has successfully drafted numerous mineral and equipment lease agreements, has served as a lead company contract negotiator opposite national labor unions, and has conceived and implemented comprehensive employee benefits programs.
Army served as chief executive officer of JBLCo Holdings, Inc., a leading North American manufacturer of bulk materials sampling systems and mine safety equipment he co-founded in 1986. He is also the co-inventor of several U.S. patents for control and design of bulk material sampling equipment.
Following graduation from law school in May 2005, Army served as law clerk to the Honorable Ronald B. King, Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas. While in law school, he interned with the Honorable Pamela A. Mathy, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court in the Western District of Texas. He also interned with the Office of the U.S. Trustee and clerked for an intellectual property law firm.
Published Works & Presentations:
- Construction Lien Law / Construction Liens and Bankruptcy – Lorman Education Services CLE Presentations, Asheville, North Carolina, February 2009 & February 2010
- Automated Sampling & The Road Ahead - 8th Annual Symposium, International Center for Aggregates Research, Denver, Colorado, April 2000
- The Evolution of Automatic Cross-Belt Sampling Systems & Their Application to Sampling Lignite - New Technologies for Coal Quality Control & Homogenization Workshop, Directorate General for Energy/European THERMIE Commission, Athens, Greece, October 1999
- Getting It Right From the Start - Proper Sampling & Practical Automated Solutions - 7th Annual Symposium, International Center for Aggregates Research, Austin, Texas, April 1999
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- American Inns of Court - Acadiana Inn
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar Associations of Louisiana, Texas and North Carolina
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration
- Society of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers