We assist energy industry clients from Louisiana and Texas to the Gulf of Mexico to the North Slope of Alaska to the Bass Straits of Australia. We began, grew and prospered as one of Louisiana's premier oil and gas firms. Today, with over 500 attorney-years’ experience, our oil and gas practice is stronger than ever.
Our energy practice encompasses all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation in state and federal courts, arbitration, mediation and administrative proceedings before local, state and federal agencies such as the Minerals Management Service, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Louisiana State Mineral Board, the Louisiana Commissioner of Conservation, the Louisiana Public Service Commission and the Railroad Commission of Texas. We have also successfully guided energy clients through trial matters ranging from bankruptcy to criminal proceedings to property damage and personal injury claims arising from oil and gas operations, including well blowouts and gas storage or pipeline leaks.
We regularly litigate contractual rights and obligations under a wide range of negotiated agreements in the oil, gas and energy industry, including:
- Mineral leases
- Assignments of mineral rights
- Onshore and offshore joint operating agreements
- Gas balancing agreements
- Oil and gas purchase agreements
- Drilling contracts
- Seismic permits
- Pipeline construction, operation and transportation agreements
- Gas storage leases and agreements
- Farmout agreements
- Unit operating and unit agreements
- Oil and gas processing and production handling agreements
- Rights-of-way and easements
- Rights-of-first refusal and other preferential rights
- Refinery feedstock agreements
We regularly litigate statutory, tort and others rights and obligations under a similarly wide range of issues in the oil, gas and energy industry, including:
- Clean-up obligations
- Expropriation by eminent domain
- Well blowouts
- Pipeline and gas storage leaks
- Lien workouts
- Royalty disputes
- Correlative rights among neighbors or between surface owners and servitude owners
- Boundary and title disputes
Our clients include major and independent oil and gas producers, pipeline and storage companies, oilfield service companies and suppliers, financial institutions serving the oil and gas industry, onshore and offshore operators, seismic companies and companies involved in developing renewable energy facilities.
Our oil and gas lawyers have served as expert witnesses, arbitrators, mediators and special masters. We are actively involved in industry groups such as the American and Houston Associations of Professional Landmen, the Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans, the Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, the Louisiana Mineral Law Institute, the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute, the Southwestern Legal Foundation, the Federal Energy Bar Association and the energy section of the American Bar Association.