Melissa Lovell’s practice focuses on various transactional matters, including real estate transactions, oil, gas, and energy transactions, and general business transactions. She regularly assists clients with business organization matters, including entity formation, Texas Secretary of State and Comptroller issues, mergers, and dissolutions. She also drafts, reviews, and negotiates a variety of agreements, including asset purchase and sale agreements, plans of merger, license agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, redemption agreements, and purchase agreements for the sale and purchase of stock and other equities.
Melissa also has experience with banking, trusts and wills, and probate matters. She has assisted banks with regulatory issues and advises bank trust departments on trust management and administration issues. She drafts wills, powers of attorney, and trusts and helps clients with probate matters. Her probate experience includes preparing and filing federal estate tax returns.
Melissa graduated cum laude from the University of Houston Law Center in 2005 where she was the recipient of the LEX Award in Torts and selected for membership in the Order of the Barons. Prior to receiving her law degree, she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and Economics summa cum laude from the University of Houston.
- Represented buyer in purchase of $101 million chemical plant (2011)
- Represented borrower in $145 million credit facility (2011)
- Represented borrower in refinance of $300 million credit facility (2011)
- Represented borrower in credit facility involving oil and gas properties (2011)
- Represented community bank holding company in merger (valued at approximately $140 million) with regional bank holding company (2011)
- Represented sellers in a $7.5 million sale of assets of an oilfield compression company (2011)
- Represented seller in sale of shopping center (2011)
- Represented borrower in $180 million credit facility (2010)
Published Works & Presentations:
- Co-Author/Speaker for the 55th Annual Mineral Law Institute 2008
- Author/Speaker for the State Bar of Texas 26th Annual Advanced Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Course 2008
- Author/Speaker for the 12th Annual Energy Contract – Management in Oil and Gas Conference 2008
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- University of Houston Alumni Organization
- Cougar Pride
Articles Authored...Best Practices in Drafting Offshore & Onshore Form AgreementsDoing Business in Texas