Ferdie Laudumiey's practice primarily focuses on the areas of bankruptcy law and complex bankruptcy litigation. He has successfully advised and represented a wide range of clients in both Chapter 11 reorganization and Chapter 7 liquidation proceedings, including bankruptcy trustees, debtors, debtors in possession, and creditors in Louisiana and other jurisdictions. Ferdie’s extensive experience in his representation of bankruptcy trustees has encompassed the prosecution of preference, fraudulent conveyance, and other avoidance action proceedings, prosecution of discharge complaints, objections to exemptions and claims, executory contract matters, and various other aspects of the general administration of bankruptcy estates.
Ferdie has also focused in real estate law and property matters, advising and representing appraisers, lenders, and title insurance companies in both federal and state court. He has handled breach of contract and title claims, breach of professional duty issues, foreclosures, and he has represented clients in matters before the Louisiana Real Estate Appraisal Board.
Ferdie earned his J.D. from LSU Law Center where he was the recipient of the Austin W. Lewis Scholarship Award. Upon graduation, he clerked two years for the Honorable Marcel Livaudais, Jr., U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Published Works & Presentations:
- Co-Presenter of the "Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act and the Effect of Bankruptcy Proceedings on a Claimant's Rights" (Association of Corporate Counsel/Gordon Arata Seminar, May 2016)
- Co-Presenter of "The Domestic Relations Exception to Bankruptcy Court Jurisdiction" (New Orleans Bar Association, September 2014)
- Co-Presenter of "Special Issues with LLCs" (New Orleans Bar Association, August 2013)
- Co-Presenter of "Resolving the Case Through Settlement/Mediation - When, Why, and How to Get There?" (Gordon Arata Duck Lunch, October 2012)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association - Board of Directors of Young Lawyers Section, 1998 -2000
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the A.M. Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys
Articles Authored...Resolving the Case Through Settlement/Mediation - When, Why, and How to Get There?