Since joining the Firm in 1985, Steve Copley has represented local and national concerns in complex litigation and trials including class action, bankruptcy, products liability, construction, and franchising law matters. In the last several years, he has personally tried over 10 major commercial and products liability matters and has appeared before all Louisiana Federal and State courts at the trial and appellate level. Steve is also admitted to practice law in Texas.
Steve has written and lectured extensively on various litigation topics and, during law school, served as the Articles/Comments Editor of Loyola Law Review.
Published Works & Presentations:
- Co-author, "Fifth Circuit Symposium: Federal Jurisdiction and Procedure, " 36 Loy. L. Rev. 801 (1990)
- "First Sale Pricing Treatment for Natural Gas Pipeline Production," 30 Loy. L. Rev. 179 (1984)
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Litigation Section
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2013
Articles Authored...Resolving the Case Through Settlement/Mediation - When, Why, and How to Get There?"Help Me Help You" With E-Discovery: Working With Outside Counsel to Prepare for Discovery of Electronically Stored Information